Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reason 7

It's cold.
Is this New York's fault? Obviously not. 
It is the fault of the New Yorkers?  Though they tend to be cold-hearted, I am going to go with no.
(I'm so funny.)
But seriously it is really cold. And I know this isn't unique to New York, so I also couldn't live in Montreal or Chicago or anything...
It is really cold right now. I didn't know it was possible to be that cold. You know how when you turn the hot water on instead of the cold water, and for the first second you touch it, it actually feels cold? Apparently the opposite of that exists too. Because my face felt as though it were burning today. 
Right now it is sixteen degrees. Sixteen. www.weather.com says it feels like 5. I think it feels like about 50 below zero, but I'm not technically a meteorologist...
Tomorrow morning it's gonna feel like it's in the negatives. And the high is fourteen. Really. Fourteen.  Gosh. 

2 comments:

  1. It's cold. But it's not THAT cold. It's gotten colder and it's colder in other places too. It's just never that cold where you live.. but yes. It is cold. And I thought I was the only one that felt the opposite temperature for the first second. It definitely exists for both extreme temperatures for me. But only when in regards to water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I live here now, have only been South for less than a week in the past 20 months!
    And I was born here :P
    The summers are hot but they don't compare with Mississippi summers where it is way more humid. Plus our summers last from April til early October...

    ReplyDelete